with a purpose
Reading & Writing
• Using Into Reading/Arriba La Lectura: Designed for biliteracy and dual language settings. Students will develop a love for reading through guided leveled, small groups; read-alouds, and independent reading.
• Using Writer’s Workshop: Our students will participate in guided writing, shared writing, letter writing, and story writing.
• Using Math In Focus: the Singapore Approach, our students develop mathematical understanding in stages through real-world, hands on experiences.
• Using Amplify Science: A curriculum that blends hands-on investigations, literacy-rich activities, and deep dive into scientific concepts that allow for rich discussion and analysis.
• Community and culturally responsive- sustaining curriculum. At Dos Amigos, we commit to anti-racist education and practices. We work to acknowledge and celebrate differences, fight race based injustice and bias and strive to become changemakers in our community and beyond.
Social & Emotional Learning
• Using MindUp and Responsive Classroom: Our staff integrates daily SEL lessons that teach skills, attitudes and behaviors, such as critical thinking, managing emotions, working through conflicts, decision making, and teamwork.
• Through STEAM, Creative Play, Movement, Art, Music, Wonder Center: While playing, our students may be organizing, constructing, exploring, investigating, creating, imagining and interacting with the world around them.